[rspec-users] webrat methods are undefined

Zach Dennis zach.dennis at gmail.com
Wed Jan 28 12:33:14 EST 2009

On Wed, Jan 28, 2009 at 11:55 AM, Tom Hoen <lists at ruby-forum.com> wrote:
> Tom Hoen wrote:
>> Appears that I did not fully remove the webrat plugin, and this was
>> causing the problem.
>>
>> Thanks again for your help.
>
> Perhaps I should request this in a new topic, but it could be another
> simple mistake I am making.
>
> I have the following scenario
>
> Scenario: Login
>  Given I am using the "rpems" domain
>  Given I am logged in as an admin user
>  Then I should see "Classrooms"
>  And I should see "School Year: 2008-2009"
>  And I should see "Users"
>

> What ends up happening is after the admin login, instead of seeing the
> Classrooms page, the next bit of html delivered is
>
> "<html><body>You are being <a
>
> Is there something special I should be doing to handle redirects. After
> reading this
> (http://www.nabble.com/Cucumber,-Webrat-and-http-basic-auth-td20598510.html)
> my impression was that redirects are handled internally to webrat and
> cucumber and don't need to be explicitly handled in the scenarios.
>
> Your thoughts are greatly appreciated.

There are a number of fixes for redirects and subdomain related
functionality which are currently tagged for the 0.4.1 release. I had
this problem after upgrading to 0.4.0, and have since updated to edge
until 0.4.1 is out.

http://webrat.lighthouseapp.com/projects/10503-webrat/tickets?q=redirect&filter=

--
Zach Dennis