[rspec-users] webrat methods are undefined

Tom Hoen lists at ruby-forum.com
Wed Jan 28 11:29:30 EST 2009

Hey Matt -

> I should update to the new version of webrat (0.4) and cucumber (can't
> remember) as this stuff has gone through some churn but stabilised
> following that 0.4 release.
> Check the webrat docs, but (with that new version) I think you need to
> do something like
> Webrat.configure do |config|
>    config.mode = :rails
> end
> You won't need the aslakhellesoy gem anymore either I don't think.
> Please let us know if you were misguided by any out-of-date
> documentation.

I uninstalled the aslakhellesoy gem and installed/updated the webrat gem
to 0.4

I changed the env.rb file to match the docs

Now I get

 `load_missing_constant': Expected
to define Webrat (LoadError)

Do I need to have the gem and the plugin both installed?

The documentation I read was here
http://wiki.github.com/aslakhellesoy/cucumber/ruby-on-rails, but it
looks like it has been updated, though it doesn't include the
instructions on configuring webrat.

I really appreciate your help.