[rspec-users] [ANN, Cucumber] Textile Formatter

aslak hellesoy aslak.hellesoy at gmail.com
Tue Jan 27 15:09:37 EST 2009

On Tue, Jan 27, 2009 at 8:14 PM, s.ross <cwdinfo at gmail.com> wrote:

> Sheepishly, I am announcing that I created a textile formatter for Cuke. It
> was unabashedly ripped out of the HTML formatter, so there is almost
> certainly a better way to do it. The incentive behind this was my desire to
> get stories posted on Github. Like, real fast. If only Github let me post
> automatically...

What a great idea!

> I'm hoping this is of some use and that you won't brutalize me too much for
> the lack of specs :)

As long as I don't have to maintain untested code I don't care ;-)

Unfortunately though - 0.2 is soon out and the formatter API has changed
dramatically (and should be pretty stable from now on). I suggest you check
out the latest GitHub code (recently merged to master) and refactor your
formatter.

You'll also find some awesome cucumber features for cucumber. We use this to
verify that cucumber's output is as expected. I suggest you do the same with
your Textile formatter. If you write features for it I'm happy to include it
into Cucumber.

Aslak

> --s

Aslak (::)