[rspec-users] [Cucumber] Scenario Outlines Output Insufficient

Joseph Wilk lists at ruby-forum.com
Mon Jan 19 12:12:30 EST 2009

Andrew Premdas wrote:
> You misunderstood I bit of my post, I've nested a comment. Its towards
> the
> end of the post.
>
> 2009/1/18 Joseph Wilk <joe at josephwilk.net>
>
>> Scenario Outline: viewing resources                                   #
>> features/admin/poop.feature:11
>>
>> --
>> features/step_definitions/general.rb:1
>>     When I follow <resource> resource                                #
>>     |product |
>> http://rspec.lighthouseapp.com/projects/16211-cucumber/tickets/163-hidden-pending-status-with-output-when-using-scenario-outlines
>> And there are 4 <resource>
>>

>> keen on this solution as I would like to preserve the way the scenarios are
>> defined (in the feature file) with the way that they are outputted.
>>

>>     And there are 4 category                                      #
>> features/admin/poop.feature:8
>>     And there are 4 product                                        #
>> features/step_definitions/product.rb:1
>>

> No you've misunderstood me. I meant the outline step is colored with the
> worst result. Then the details of each run of the step are nested inside
> the
> outline step showing the output for each resource (entry in the table)

Would you expect to still see the scenario table with status colours?

Do you think it might become difficult to workout which steps are for
which run?
i.e the 5th indented Step broke so lets read through and find each 5th
step to see what the run did.

It does sound like an interesting idea. Would you mind adding the full
output you would expect with this indentation in the ticket please? (If
you want colour as a html attachment).

Thanks,
--
Joseph Wilk