[rspec-users] Reorganize documentation for Cucumber at Github

aslak hellesoy aslak.hellesoy at gmail.com
Sun Jan 18 19:32:05 EST 2009

On Mon, Jan 19, 2009 at 12:01 AM, Fernando Perez <lists at ruby-forum.com>wrote:

> Andrew Premdas wrote:
> > I'd just like to point out that the Github wiki tool is somewhat
> > challenged
> Yeah I also think that the github wiki is showing its limits. It works
> when the project only requires a few pages of documentation, but not for
> Cucumber.
>
> Github should only be used for what Git is meant to be: a distributed
> SCM and no more, i.e: cloning, pulling, pushing, forking.
>
> For documentation and other stuff a dedicated website is more
> appropriate, like cukes.info, in fact I was surprised to see that the
> documentation was still hosted at github, it adds more confusion to
> newbies. One size doesn't always fits all.

To paraphrase DrNic:
http://drnicwilliams.com/2008/12/21/migrating-project-websites-to-github-pages-with-sake-tasks-new-websites-with-jekyll_generator/

The purpose of cukes.info is to *sell* Cucumber.
The purpose of the GitHub wiki is to *educate* people who have decided to
give it a spin.

Why 2 sites? GitHub wikis have their own visual style - they are not suited
to brand anything.
On the other hand, I don't have time or even desire to create a wiki that is
as good as the GitHub wiki and put it on cukes.info.

Aslak

> --

Aslak (::)