[rspec-users] [Cucumber, Webrat] Unable to run 2 features in a row

Fernando Perez lists at ruby-forum.com
Sat Jan 17 18:46:38 EST 2009

Hi,

I have written 2 features that each have 1 scenario. When I execute each
feature separately with "rake features FEATURE=features/..." they each
pass, but when I do "rake features", the first feature passes, and the
second one fails.

In my Given steps, I populate the DB, and some Given steps are called by
both features. I can't call Given in only one feature and not the other,
because in such case, individually running each feature would fail. So I
have added a check, if the entry already exists, then I shall not create
a duplicate. But it still doesn't work.

How to get around this headache? Anyone already bumped into that?