[rspec-users] Time for seperate cucumber mailing list?

Mark Wilden mark at mwilden.com
Sat Jan 17 14:20:47 EST 2009

On Sat, Jan 17, 2009 at 7:11 AM, aslak hellesoy <aslak.hellesoy at gmail.com>wrote:

> Please start prefixing your questions:
> [RSpec]
> [Cucumber]
> [Webrat] (Webrat also has a separate mailing list)
> [Rails] (Rails has tons of other forums too - please only ask here if it's
> RSpec or Cucumber related)
> [BDD]
> [OT] (Off topic)
> etc...
> or if your post is about several topics, for example:
> [Cucumber,Ruby]
> [RSpec,Rails]

A noble idea, but it's not going to happen.

Posts on this list are on two different topics. A month or so ago before I
started using Cucumber, I was deleting most Cucumber messages unread. Lists
have topics for reasons, and one of them is to tame information by
classifying it and being able to ignore what you want.

I don't see any *disadvantage* in having two lists.