[rspec-users] driving rspec from a Ruby script

Ashley Moran ashley.moran at patchspace.co.uk
Fri Jan 16 15:29:46 EST 2009

On 16 Jan 2009, at 17:44, Ed Keith wrote:

> I have very little experience with Ruby. I am using RSpec to test a
> cross platform C++ library. I am using a shell script (and batch file)
> to run the tests with several different compilers.
>
> I do no want to put the details of the different compilers in the
> RSpec
> files, but am thinking about rewriting to driver scripts in Ruby. Can
> someone with more Ruby experience give me some guidance as to how best
> do this.

You don't provide enough information for me to be sure, but what you
describe sounds sufficiently high-level enough to make Cucumber[1]
worth looking into.

If you search the archives of this list I posted a very bad example of
using Cucumber to spec binaries written in other languages (I used
sort, I think).

Ashley

[1] http://wiki.github.com/aslakhellesoy/cucumber

--