[rspec-users] App can't start on production server due to RSpec missing

Fernando Perez lists at ruby-forum.com
Fri Jan 16 14:38:46 EST 2009

I just run in the following problem when starting a Rails app on my
production server:

  You have rspec rake tasks installed in
  but rspec can not be found in vendor/gems, vendor/plugins or on the

Obviously I don't want Rails to load anything related to rspec, how can
I tell Rails that it should not care about RSpec on the production

A quick fix is to install rspec and rspec-rails gems on production
server, but I don't get why the app wants them installed.