[rspec-users] Please clarify test / step definition return value?

James Byrne lists at ruby-forum.com
Wed Jan 14 17:30:41 EST 2009

Aslak Hellesøy wrote:

> Since this is such a common idiom I guess noone thought it required a
> specific mention.

Probably.  This is what happens when a dinosaur is brought forceably
forward in time.

> Please give me a pointer to a relevant page where you'd expect to see
> this mentioned explicitly and I'll make it clear in the Wiki.

I do not know where it belongs Aslak because it never occurred to me to
look for it.  It is just one of those cases where one thinks that one
understand something but does not.  However, all ones experience is
congruent with ones faulty understanding nonetheless, until it is not
and realization dawns.

I have added a small note regarding fail and false to the bottom of my
own document on Cucumber in case others get caught in the same mind trap
that I set for myself.