[rspec-users] [cucumber] missing the command --line option

Matt Wynne matt at mattwynne.net
Wed Jan 14 16:13:28 EST 2009

On 14 Jan 2009, at 19:22, Fernando García Samblas wrote:

> Cucus,
>
> previous versions of cucumber had a command --line option that let you
> run only one scenario given its line at the feature file.
>
> Now, as far as I know, to do the same thing (run a specific
> scenario) I
> have to use the --scenario option writing the scenario name.
>
> In my opinion, since cucumber's standard output gives you each
> scenario's line number, I feel that the --line option was faster and
> easier to use.
>
> WDYT?

Use this syntax:

cucumber path/to/your.feature:41

where 41 is the line number where your scenario starts. It's actually
pretty nice as you can copy / paste it straight in from the backtrace,
though it's a shame it's inconsistent with rpsec.

Matt Wynne
http://blog.mattwynne.net
http://www.songkick.com