[rspec-users] IRB-like utility for Cucumber?

Sebastian W. lists at ruby-forum.com
Wed Jan 14 15:55:24 EST 2009

Aslak Hellesøy wrote:

> cucumber features/scratchpad.feature:34

Hi Aslak, I tried running this against one of my own feature files, but
it didn't seem to do anything? I wasn't sure what was supposed to
happen. Any light you can shed would be awesome. : )

> I assume you've stumbled upon this:
> http://wiki.github.com/aslakhellesoy/cucumber/setting-up-selenium

Yes! It is awesome. Thanks a million.

For Scott: I definitely want to do the same thing with the debugger,
being able to step through the steps and so forth, but the use case for
"crb" would be just to play around and try writing expressions for fun.

E.g. if I wrote "Given that I do some step that hasn't been implemented
yet", the utility might say "=> pending" or some other message. I don't
know, color the shell yellow maybe, for the return value?

Bottom line is that this is more for fun than profit. :)