[rspec-users] Missing model attribute in cucumber test

James Byrne lists at ruby-forum.com
Wed Jan 14 14:18:17 EST 2009

James Byrne wrote:

I have gotten past this somehow.  The only thing that I think may have
influenced this is manually preparing the test database.  However, now I
have a different problem.

Here is the same step definition:

When /user named "(.*)" is an administrator/ do |name|
  my_user = User.find_by_username!(name)
  puts my_user.administrator.to_s

This produces this output in a cucumber run:

    And the user named "newuser" is an administrator     #

Notice the value reported from the puts statement.  Yet, this feature
step passes.   What am I doing wrong?