[rspec-users] Adding a custom matcher to a controller

Bart Zonneveld zuperinfinite at gmail.com
Wed Jan 14 05:12:53 EST 2009

Hey list,

I've written a custom matcher (http://gist.github.com/46858) which
I'd like to use in Cucumber specifically.
In my spec_helper, I have required the file where the matcher lives
in, and added it to Spec::Runner.configure.
In one of my cucumber steps, I have:  response.should have_notice
However, when I run the feature, I get the following error:
undefined method `has_notice?' for #<ActionController::CgiResponse:
0x308fc84> (NoMethodError)
Note the has_notice?...

Any ideas on how to add this matcher to the response?