[rspec-users] Help with regexp in matcher

Mark Wilden mark at mwilden.com
Tue Jan 13 12:14:48 EST 2009

On Tue, Jan 13, 2009 at 7:41 AM, James Byrne <lists at ruby-forum.com> wrote:

> Logins are a pervasive feature of this application and so, rather than
> waste effort on policing the feature syntax, I thought it best just to
> accommodate the likely variations from the start.

Premature flexibility is one of the roots of all evil. :)

Seriously, your code has two types of users. Yes, you should make writing
features easier for biz, but you should also make reading steps easier for
dev. Given that, I like the suggestion of explicitly enumerating the choices
of verbiage. A clear pointer toward that choice is the comment. A comment is
an apology for unclear code. All unclear code should be commented, but
unclear code should be avoided whenever possible.

All IMO, of course.

///ark