[rspec-users] Constraints / Global requirements

Stephen Eley sfeley at gmail.com
Wed Jan 7 17:22:25 EST 2009

On Wed, Jan 7, 2009 at 12:23 PM, Steve Molitor <stevemolitor at gmail.com> wrote:
> By a global requirement I'm talking about requirements like 'all emails must
> be formatted like this...'  Some people call them constraints, but I'm
> focusing on UI or business rules, not technical things.

You say "must."  That's a programmer's synonym for "should."  And to
me that feels like a level of detail better handled with RSpec
examples, where "should" is central to the domain language, than
Cucumber features (which are more about stimulus and response).  I
know you said "business rules" and that tends to imply Cucumber in a
lot of minds, but a SpecDoc formatted output that lists all the "it
should" text works pretty well for business process description too.

--
Have Fun,
   Steve Eley (sfeley at gmail.com)