[rspec-users] Rspec Rails high overhead

Mark Wilden mark at mwilden.com
Sun Jan 4 15:52:59 EST 2009

On Sun, Jan 4, 2009 at 6:57 AM, Nick Hoffman <nick at deadorange.com> wrote:

> Mark, would you mind explicitly telling us/me how you get the ``spec''
> command to run within DRb, please?

I use spec rather than script/spec to run specs. script/spec runs my specs
twice. I also use rake spec:server:start rather than script/spec_server, but
both commands do work for me.

The problem now is that if I change a model or lib file, it's not reloaded
by spec_server. I have to stop and restart spec_server for the change to be
picked up. This means I can't really use it. (To the powers that be, I
apologize for not filing a proper bug report.)

This is what happens I try [and fail] to do so:
> http://gist.github.com/43070

That sequence "works for me," I'm afraid.

///ark