[rspec-users] Cucumber speed tips

Luke Melia luke at lukemelia.com
Sat Jan 3 20:51:32 EST 2009

On Dec 28, 2008, at 11:30 AM, Josh Knowles wrote:

> 4) Distribute your scenarios across multiple processes using TestJour
> (http://github.com/brynary/testjour)

To provide a little more info (Josh and I work with Bryan, who created
testjour): we have a cucumber suite currently consisting of 5835 steps
that takes a bit under 20 minutes to run without testjour.

Running it via testjour with 2 local slaves and 6 remote slaves (2 mac
minis and a Mac Pro), the run completes in about 4 minutes.

testjour is still a little raw, but I already would not want to work
on a large product without it.

Luke Melia
luke at lukemelia.com