[rspec-users] Getting heckled by Heckle?

Yehuda Katz wycats at gmail.com
Sat Jan 3 03:31:20 EST 2009

There is more than 1 bug in Heckle that can produce this behavior. Tim Carey
Smith (halorgium) has been working on a much saner replacement with
effectively the same feature set called boo_hiss, but I'm not sure if it's
quite ready yet. I've used it a bit but last I checked the user interface
(not GUI, just command-line interface) was rough around the edges.
-- Yehuda

On Fri, Jan 2, 2009 at 11:07 PM, Sebastian W. <lists at ruby-forum.com> wrote:

> Hello RSpec folks,
> I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong with the Heckle integration in
> RSpec?
>
> I go to heckle my spec, and everything seems to start out okay. But then
> something weird happens:
>
> 3 mutations remaining...
> 2 mutations remaining...
> 1 mutations remaining...
> 1 mutations remaining...
> 1 mutations remaining...
> 1 mutations remaining...
> 1 mutations remaining...
> 1 mutations remaining...
> 1 mutations remaining...
> #repeat the above line forever...
>
> I've tried waiting to see if I just need to be patient, but Heckle never
> seems to exit.
>
> FWIW, I'm running my spec in the following manner:
>
> spec --heckle Seeker seeker_spec.rb
>
> And as you may guess, the name of my class is "Seeker". Any thoughts?
> --

Yehuda Katz
Developer | Engine Yard
(ph) 718.877.1325