[rspec-users] Run cucumber on a different DB than test?

Matt Wynne matt at mattwynne.net
Sat Feb 28 03:57:08 EST 2009

On 27 Feb 2009, at 19:56, Forrest Chang wrote:

> [...]

Of course! I've been meaning to do this for ages, with a third build
that does the both sets of tests and then deploys to the demo

I also did something which you might be interested in with our build
to dynamically build a new database for the tests / features to run
in. Looking back I can't actually see a why I did this, and you might
not need it. I think at the time I suspected that cruise was building
the same project multiple times in parallel if a second commit came in
while a build was already happening. I'm not sure if that's actually
the case right now.

FWIW, here's our cruise rake task. It uses an erb template for
database.yml which you'll see from looking at the code.

Matt Wynne