[rspec-users] specing send_file

vo.x v.ondruch at gmail.com
Thu Feb 26 08:13:40 EST 2009

On 25 Ún, 16:18, David Chelimsky <dchelim... at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 25, 2009 at 8:20 AM, vo.x <v.ondr... at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Aha, it seems that there is difference between behavior of Rails 2.1
> > and 2.3. In Rails 2.1 stubbing works like a charm but it fails with
> > Rails 2.3 :/
> That's a very general statement. Can you be more specific? What
> version of rspec are you using? Are you using rspec's mock/stub
> framework? What sort of failure messages do you get?

Hello David,

I'm using rspec-rails 1.1.12, I'm using just rspec's mock/stub

With Rails 2.3 RC1 I experienced errors such as:

ActionView::MissingTemplate in 'LogsController handling GET /logs/
test.log/download should find the log requested'
Missing template logs/download.erb in view path app/views

Of course this template was not found since it is not necessary for
normal app run. With Rails 2.1 the same spec passes.