[rspec-users] [cucumber] Cucumber and CI

Phlip phlip2005 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 24 17:50:19 EST 2009

Kero van Gelder wrote:

> If you redo a product, you have learned what it should look like.
> Thus, you can specify much more in advance. Nothing wrong with that,
> it came out of the feedback loops.

Here's pure Waterfall (phase 2, not 3 of his project):

"7 reasons I switched back to PHP after 2 years on Rails"

His rewrite bombed because he tried accidentally did it Waterfall-style, so of
course he blamed Rails, and caused a tempest in a teapot in his comments
section. His "2 years on Rails" did not include, say, frequently deploying it...

My rebuttal:

"Big Requirements Up Front"

> I'm curious, do you really expect them to go for a rewrite?

"They" were a dot-com in 1999, so we will never know if it could have worked... (-: