[rspec-users] [cucumber] Cucumber and CI

aslak hellesoy aslak.hellesoy at gmail.com
Tue Feb 24 10:23:42 EST 2009

On Tue, Feb 24, 2009 at 3:47 PM, Rob Holland <rob.holland at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Because the longer you wait, the more your code will diverge from your
>> teammates'. If you don't commit often you rob them of the opportunity
>> to reduce merge hell.
> Please note I did say commit, and not push, and I inferred from Matt
> he meant commit and not push (although he has explained otherwise
> since).

Ok, let's all be more specific when we talk about scm operations. Not
everyone is using git all the time. (I wish I did, but I often work in
the "enterprise", so it will take a while for them).

Say "git commit" or "svn commit" or "git push" instead of just
"commit" or "push".

> I find pushing last thing at night even more bizarre to be honest :/

Completely agree. Ending the day with a git push / svn commit is
verboten where I work. Dave Laribee describes why in biblical form: