[rspec-users] [cucumber] Cucumber and CI

Matt Wynne matt at mattwynne.net
Tue Feb 24 04:17:43 EST 2009

On 23 Feb 2009, at 00:09, Yi Wen wrote:

> Wait for an hour before I can checkin something is still too long
> for me. I'd like to checkin every couple minutes most of time.
>
> But I think to make each step just pending first and then make it
> green when I finish implementation for the step makes sense. I
> probably will still use unit tests passing as checkin points.

Other people have mentioned this in passing, but here's a great write-
up of using git branches to manage local work. I've been doing it for
a couple of months now and it's a fantastic way to work:

http://blog.hasmanythrough.com/2008/12/18/agile-git-and-the-story-branch-pattern

See particularly the notes about squashing commits - this allows you
to commit really often in your local branch, then merge these commits
together before you push them into the main source control repository.

You can even use git commit --amend to commit on red (e.g at the end
of the day) and then change that commit later.

Matt Wynne
http://blog.mattwynne.net
http://www.songkick.com