[rspec-users] [cucumber] Cucumber and CI

Stephen Eley sfeley at gmail.com
Tue Feb 24 01:31:20 EST 2009

On Mon, Feb 23, 2009 at 6:57 PM, James Byrne <lists at ruby-forum.com> wrote:
> Total users vs. concurrent users gives a very good idea of the resources
> behind a project, or at least the potential resources, together with an
> idea of how important to a business that a project might be.

If you say so.  Personally I don't grok that relationship at all.  My
driving "metaproject" is my organization's Web site, which has tens of
thousands of total users across different roles (members, academic
institutions, publishers who want to rent our mailing list, employers
and job seekers, etc.) but a *concurrent* user count of...probably two
digits on an ordinary day.  I've never bothered to measure it for
certain, but I could do some math with Google Analytics and tell you
that it couldn't be higher.

What can you learn from that?  Taken in isolation, without knowing
anything more, could you compute the value of the Web site to the
organization?  Could you tell me what the feature count is likely to

Have Fun,
   Steve Eley (sfeley at gmail.com)