[rspec-users] [cucumber] Cucumber and CI

Mark Wilden mark at mwilden.com
Mon Feb 23 15:22:13 EST 2009

On Mon, Feb 23, 2009 at 9:09 AM, Stephen Eley <sfeley at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 23, 2009 at 10:22 AM, Mark Wilden <mark at mwilden.com> wrote:
>>
>> Our mantra is ABC: Always Be Committing. So we commit anytime we feel
>> like it, as long as it doesn't break the build. This makes life a lot
>> easier when there is merging to do.
>
> I think your "doesn't break the build" condition is a lot bigger than
> you make it sound.  >8->  What's the definition of "the build" in your
> work culture?  Do you run all tests every time before committing?  Or
> just before pushing?

If you're working in a local branch, you can do whatever you want. :)
Personally, I run all specs and features before I commit to my local
topic branch.

When I want to push to the remote respository, I pull into my local
master branch, rebase the topic branch from master, merge the topic
into master, run all specs and features, then push.

///ark