[rspec-users] Setting Request Body (in stories in particular)

Michael Sofaer msofaer at inigral.com
Wed Feb 18 22:36:20 EST 2009

I'm trying to set my request body in my tests (the application is a
web service that takes large XML files in PUT requests).

If you do this:

put :update, :body => xml

You get a request with an empty body, and a field in the header called
"body" set to the XML.  You can set the body date in controller specs
by calling

request.env['RAW_POST_DATA'] = xml

But that doesn't work in stories (request is nil), and it's not very
elegant, anyway.  Does anyone know how to set a request body in a
scenario step?