[rspec-users] Rspec and autotest for standalone projects

Christian Hoeppner chris.webstar at gmail.com
Fri Feb 20 05:24:29 EST 2009

Hey there,

I've tried using Nick Sieger's "plugin" to have autotest run my tests
for gems and other non-rails stuff. However, it doesn't seem to match
any tests for any files. Not being sure what was wrong, I traced the
execution of RspecAutotest.run() and saw that tests_for_file() never
got called. I also replicated a tests_for_file() call by hand in irb,
and it does match the right spec file for any given implementation file.

Here's what I use:
ZenTest (3.11.1), rspec (1.1.12), ruby, ruby 1.8.1 (2003-12-25) [i686-

Sieger's file is the latest from svn, dated from 2007.