[rspec-users] [cucumber] Cucumber and CI

Phlip phlip2005 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 23 10:44:46 EST 2009

Mark Wilden wrote:

>> I'd question the wisdom of checking into an integration server every couple
>> of minutes.
> Our mantra is ABC: Always Be Committing. So we commit anytime we feel
> like it, as long as it doesn't break the build. This makes life a lot
> easier when there is merging to do.

In a post-Agile world, we often need to remind the juniors about the Best
Practices that started the movement. Integrate every time you could use a
roll-back. Use incremental testing, and a test server. You can't integrate if
your changed tests fail. The first step of integrating pulls

And work in one room, so if you know another pair is in the same module, you
just holler to them to integrate as soon as possible, each time you do it.