[rspec-users] [cucumber] Cucumber and CI

Phlip phlip2005 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 23 07:38:20 EST 2009

aslak hellesoy wrote:

>> So what's the maximum number of cucumber features that anyone has ever seen
>> on-deck but not yet passing? That's a bad metric, exactly like excess
>> inventory in a warehouse.
> Do you mean "on filesystem"? I have used Cucumber on 5-6 projects now,
> and I never exceed 1. If there is a bigger backlog "somewhere else"
> (pile of cards, word documents...) then I keep them there for as long
> as possible.

Among the Agile consultants, the metric there is:

   Time between fully specifying a feature and profiting from its use.

You use each cards as a tickler for one last conversation with an onsite
customer, before cutting the test and code, right?

BTW, another CI metric for cucumberists to answer is:

   After passing a cucumber test, it latches, and gates integration.

I think cucumber builds that latch effect in with the 'pending' keyword, right?
Pass the cuke, take it out, integrate, and then it runs in your integration
batch, right?