[rspec-users] [cucumber] Cucumber and CI

Phlip phlip2005 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 22 22:53:39 EST 2009

Yi Wen wrote:

> yeah, you guys are probably right on this. I was just over stating. :)

Ah, but Waterfall is indeed like the Emissaries of the Shadow. If you defeat one
of them, in one form, another one will always appear, take shape, and grow...

I myself have heard well-meaning product managers say "When we go for the
rewrite, we are going to make sure we specify each feature, first, before coding
them!" They said that because the last effort - code-and-fix - had grown until
it died under the weight of its cruft. They perceived their inability to safely
request new features as evidence that they did not specify enough, up-front.

These managers knew better than to use classic Waterfall, but they still didn't
understand that Big Requirements Up Front is essentially Waterfall's worst
aspect. And so they re-invented Waterfall, yet again, in yet another form.

So keep flying that flag of vigilance, there!

--
   Phlip