[rspec-users] [cucumber] Cucumber and CI

Yi Wen hayafirst at gmail.com
Sun Feb 22 14:47:17 EST 2009

The rhythm for wrking with cucumber advertised by http://cukes.info/ is to
write tests that fails first, then code that fixes it. Now my question is,
what is the implication when combine this with Continuous Integration?

We all know when we do TDD/BDD in unit level, one test can be fixed fairly
quick in a coupe minutes and we can check in and kick off a build. It is a
ideal scene for doing CI: frequent checkin and fast feedback on build

Cucumber, as far as my understanding goes, works on feature level. It could
take people days to finish a cucumber feature. In the meantime, the cucumber
test remains broken. What do we do then? We cannot check in any code because
that'll break the build. So we can only checkin code after several days? It
doesn't sound right to me. Any takes on this issue? Thanks in advance.