[rspec-users] Mocking / stubbing errors for ActiveRecord

Bart Zonneveld zuperinfinite at gmail.com
Thu Feb 19 16:39:09 EST 2009

On 19 feb 2009, at 21:54, Martin wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to test my views using rspec. I want to test my edit- and
> new-view also for the case an error occurs (something like "title
> can't be blank" and so on).
> Can someone point me please to an example where I can see how to
> mock my   model and stub all methods needed for the view?

If you happen to use Cucumber as well, I strongly suggest you check
the error messages there. First of all, it's easier since you don't
have to go mad stubbing and mucking about (sorry, had to make that
joke :P), and error messages more or less belong into integration
tests. At least, that's my opinion.

cheers,
bartz