[rspec-users] [ANN] rspec-1.2 release candidate

David Chelimsky dchelimsky at gmail.com
Thu Feb 19 01:56:05 EST 2009

Hey fellow behaviour-drivers,

rspec-1.2 and rspec-rails-1.2 are just about ready, but I'd like to
get some feedback from the field before the release. Would the
adventurous among you kindly grab the latest github gems (1.1.99.7 as
of this email) and check 'em out? I'm hoping to release rspec-1.2
shortly after rails-2.3.1 is released.

[sudo] gem install dchelimsky-rspec
[sudo] gem install dchelimsky-rspec-rails

Notable changes include:

== rspec

* lots and lots of refactoring - internals are getting cleaner and leaner
* substantially works with ruby-1.9.1, though there are still some issues
* cleaner integration with the new heckle 1.4.2 release
* require 'spec/test/unit' to run your T::U tests w/ rspec and start
refactoring them to code examples
* require 'spec/autorun' to run examples with the ruby command

== rspec-rails

* supports rails 2.0.5, 2.1.2, 2.2.2, 2.3.0, edge (as of release time)
* config.gem actually works now
* example groups are all subclasses of rails test classes (instead of
just Test::Unit::TestCase or ActionController::TestCase)
* spec_server fixes! - it pretty much works now for all supported
versions of rails
* bypass_rescue in controller specs for granular specification of action errors

You can see more complete release notes at:

http://github.com/dchelimsky/rspec/blob/master/History.txt
http://github.com/dchelimsky/rspec-rails/blob/master/History.txt

And upgrade notes for rspec-rails at:

http://github.com/dchelimsky/rspec-rails/blob/master/Upgrade.markdown