[rspec-users] validate_presence_of

Alex Satrapa grail at goldweb.com.au
Wed Feb 18 20:47:56 EST 2009

On 19/02/2009, at 11:39 , Fernando Perez wrote:

> What's the point in testing validates_presence_of for a model? It's
> already tested in the framework, and so readable that a quick glance
> on
> the model says it all.

Some people want the spec to stand as a contract, so you can then hand
the spec over to the proverbial trained monkeys and have them write
all the necessary code from scratch exactly the way you want it written.

These are not people I enjoy working with, so I play loose with the
specs and only spec stuff that matters to me at the time, code that
little bit, and get on with the next terribly pressing task.

Alex