[rspec-users] Cucumber + Webrat + Selenium + ActionMailer

Ben Mabey ben at benmabey.com
Wed Feb 18 15:02:05 EST 2009

Raimond Garcia wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We are upgrading to cucumber 0.1.99 in the process we also upgraded to
> the latest versions of webrat and rspec.  However now we are having
> difficulties checking for ActionMailer.deliveries in the selenium
> features.  I seem to recall being able to check for these without
> problems using webrat's wrapper for selenium, but maybe my memory is
> tricking me...
>
> Lately we were solving this by using Polomium, here is our config
> http://gist.github.com/39038
>
> However, with the new configuration for webrat selenium features:
>
> Webrat.configure do |config|
>   config.mode = :selenium
> end
>
> We can't seem to get Polonium working nicely with webrat.
>
> Is there something wrong with our configuration or how are you guys
> checking for ActionMailer deliveries in your selenium stories?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Rai

One option is to use ARMailer[1] to queue your mail.  As long as your
selenium process and test process are using the same DB without
transactions getting in the way then ARMailer should work fine for what
you want to do.

Thanks to the guys at weplay EmailSpec[2] works happily with ARMailer so
you can use the same helpers that EmailSpec provides for the regular
in-memory ActionMailer test deliveries.

-Ben

1.
http://seattlerb.rubyforge.org/ar_mailer/classes/ActionMailer/ARMailer.html