[rspec-users] cucumber hooks BeforeAll and AfterAll

Zach Dennis zach.dennis at gmail.com
Sun Feb 15 14:41:59 EST 2009

On Sun, Feb 15, 2009 at 2:21 PM, Joaquin Rivera Padron
<joahking at gmail.com> wrote:
> hey there,
> the short version:
> right now Cucumber provides hooks Before and After to be run around every
> step, I have notice some use case where BeforeAll and AfterAll hooks would
> be useful.
> are ther plans that they be provided? what you think would be the best place
> to do it (mother_step.rb)? any ideas about this could be accomplished?

BeforeAll is equivalent to just calling code up in env.rb.
AfterAll is equivalent to registering a ruby at_exit hook in your env.rb.

Of course they don't have to go in your env.rb, you could put them in
another file, and then require them from env.rb or just let cucumber
auto-load them if they're in your support/ directory.