[rspec-users] [Cucumber] ssl requirement

James Byrne lists at ruby-forum.com
Fri Feb 13 10:20:52 EST 2009

Wincent Colaiuta wrote:
> I'm trying to write features for an SSL-only site, but I can't test
> anything because every request in my stories results in a redirect
> (the site is set up to redirect non-SSL requests to SSL).

You could consider moving your spec_helper method into a separate
library module, put that in /lib and load it in
config/environments/test.rb.  You can also look at:

http://www.subelsky.com/2007/11/testing-rails-ssl-requirements-on-your.html

for ideas, although I do not think that his approach will tie into
cucumber.

Good luck.