[rspec-users] [RSpec] mock_model not returning a mock

Nick Hoffman nick at deadorange.com
Thu Feb 12 13:30:11 EST 2009

I'm experiencing some strange behaviour with an ActiveRecord model
object. I'm trying to spec that a mocked AR object, @form, has an
error on the "file" attribute.

I've confirmed that there *is* an error on the "file" attribute,
because I print out the error.

However, the spec fails, saying that one error was expected, but zero
were found.

I've pasted some code to help with figuring this out:
http://pastie.org/387327

One thing that I've noticed is that if I comment this out in my spec:
   195       @form.valid?
then the spec passes.

Any idea what's going on? I'd really appreciate any help at all, as
I've been banging my head against this for a while, now.
-Nick