[rspec-users] exemplary way to show a list is sorted?

Zach Dennis zach.dennis at gmail.com
Tue Feb 10 20:00:52 EST 2009

On Tue, Feb 10, 2009 at 6:22 PM, James Byrne <lists at ruby-forum.com> wrote:
> David Chelimsky wrote:
>> please use "should be >=" as "should >=" will eventually be deprecated
>> and removed.
> Removed?  You are not seriously contemplating forcing people to go back
> and rewrite formally working specifications simply to tidy up the syntax
> are you?

Forcing people, eh? You don't have to upgrade when that release is
made. No one is holding a gun to your head. You can always choose to
progress with the library, as it continues to evolve into new and
better ways of doing things.

Given the "should >=" to "should be >=" transition, I'm sure you can
safely do a find and replace in merely a few seconds if you bust out a
little regexp-fu, or maybe a few minutes if you do separate searches
for each operator.

If the idea of change is that abrasive to you, go to github, and feel
free to fork it yourself. After all, the jamesbyrne-rspec library is
only a few minutes away,

Zach Dennis