[rspec-users] The TODO note in rspec files can't be shown in "rake notes"

steveluscher google at steveluscher.com
Sun Feb 8 03:00:47 EST 2009

On Dec 10 2008, 7:12 pm, "Kai Fu" <corntr... at gmail.com> wrote:
> Could someone tell me how to fix this? Whether I should hack the rails rake
> code?

I've written about my (hopefully) durable solution to your problem,
here: http://steveluscher.com/archives/enumerating-annotations-in-directories-of-your-choosing-with-rakenotes

Create a file at lib/tasks/notes.rake:
---
# Override the directories that the
# SourceAnnotationExtractor traverses
# when you call rake notes
class SourceAnnotationExtractor
  def find_with_custom_directories
    find_without_custom_directories(%w(app lib spec features))
  end
  alias_method_chain :find, :custom_directories
end
---

…where %w(app lib spec features) is a list of directories that you
want rake:notes to traverse.

Cheers,
Steven…