[rspec-users] how can this pass?

Matías Flores mflores at atlanware.com
Mon Feb 9 07:22:52 EST 2009

2009/2/9 Mark Wilden <mark at mwilden.com>

> On Sun, Feb 8, 2009 at 6:09 PM, Matías Flores <mflores at atlanware.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > You can find more info at
> http://rspec.info/documentation/mocks/message_expectations.html.
> >

> On that page, I found this example of using a computed return value
> with an expectation:
>
> my_mock.should_receive(:msg).with(:numeric, :numeric) once.and_return
> {|a, b| a + b}
>
> I'm not familiar with :numeric. Does it mean what it looks like it means?

That example is a bit outdated. Use of symbols as mock argument constraints
such as :numeric, :string, :anything, etc, are deprecated.

The expectation above should be replaced with:

my_mock.should_receive(:msg).with(an_instance_of(Numeric),
an_instance_of(Numeric)).once.and_return {|a, b| a + b}

Regards,
Matías