[rspec-users] [OT] Object Mother vs Test Data Builder (was Jay Fields' blog on developer testing)

Nick Hoffman nick at deadorange.com
Sun Feb 8 10:22:22 EST 2009

On 07/02/2009, at 10:45 PM, David Chelimsky wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 7, 2009 at 8:05 PM, Nick Hoffman <nick at deadorange.com>
> wrote:
>> On 07/02/2009, at 1:16 PM, David Chelimsky wrote:

>>> Depends on the team and who can read what and who cares about what.
>>>
>>> In most cases, Cucumber is a significantly better
>>> developer/stakeholder collaboration tool than RSpec is. If your
>>> stakeholders trust you to cover the edge cases, then they don't need
>>> to be in cucumber, but they certainly can be.
>>>
>>> IASTDH,
>>> David
>>
>> Makes sense. Thanks for the clarification.
>>
>> By the way, what on Earth is IASTDH? A few Google searches later,
>> I'm still
>> none the wiser.
>
> I made it up. I was about to write HTH, but I was sure it did not
> help, hence IASTDH - inconsistent though - IA for I am, but D for
> didn't, so it should either be ISTDH or IASTDNH.
>
> HTH,
> David

Hah! Actually, it was helpful. I was wondering if there's a clear-cut
rule that people follow for dealing with edge cases, and you said "do
what works for your situation". While some people may not appreciate
that answer, it's "correct", and probably the best thing to do,
because each team is different.
-Nick