[rspec-users] [OT] Object Mother vs Test Data Builder (was Jay Fields' blog on developer testing)

Joaquin Rivera Padron joahking at gmail.com
Sat Feb 7 12:52:15 EST 2009

2009/2/7 Nick Hoffman <nick at deadorange.com>

> When writing Cucumber stories and features for controllers, should you
> cover every edge case? For example, should you write stories that feed bad
> or missing data to your controllers, or should that be left to RSpec?
> -Nick

the missing data case should be left for a Scenario with some step like And
I leave an obligatory field blank, and check for error messages, but I guess
that does not sounds new. More interesting is the "bad data case", are you
thinking in let's say some hacking attack to the app?
I would say that belongs outside Features, but where? what do you think? or
am I missreading your opinion

lsd,
joaquin