[rspec-users] testing out cucumber scenario outline feature

Joseph Wilk joe at josephwilk.net
Sat Feb 7 12:41:43 EST 2009

Joaquin Rivera Padron wrote:
> hey there,
> I've been playing with Scenario Outline according to cucumber wiki. I
> have paste the tests made in http://gist.github.com/59920
>
> the short answers:
> http://wiki.github.com/aslakhellesoy/cucumber/scenario-outlines seems
> inaccurate, Examples should be More Examples. Should I edit the wiki
> for you?

 >Q 1. Is the wiki
http://wiki.github.com/aslakhellesoy/cucumber/scenario-outlines not
accurate?

The keyword for scenario outline tables has always been 'Examples'. In
the latest version 0.1.99.* it can also now be 'Scenarios'.
So your example does look like a bug rather than a wiki error.

However the bug has been fixed in the latest version of cucumber 0.1.99
(Which is still in beta) the example works fine:

http://gist.github.com/59939

The github wiki is freely editable by anyone, so if you want to improve
the wiki in the future please do.

> when you do:
> $ gem install cucumber
> you get version 0.1.16, right?  the data in examples does not seem to
> be getting to the steps
>
> if you get cucumber vesion 0.1.99.21, then it is webrat who fails with:
> `load_missing_constant': uninitialized constant Spec::Runner (NameError)
> in:
> /webrat-0.4.1/lib/webrat/rspec-rails.rb:8
I've not come across this one before but it looks like its not finding
your Rspec gem/plugin.

--
Joseph Wilk
http://blog.josephwilk.net