[rspec-users] [OT] Object Mother vs Test Data Builder (was Jay Fields' blog on developer testing)

Fernando Perez lists at ruby-forum.com
Sat Feb 7 10:23:42 EST 2009

Joaquin Rivera Padron wrote:
> hey fernando,
> maybe you want to take a look at
> http://www.patmaddox.com/blog/2009/1/15/how-i-test-controllers-2009-remix
> and give Cucumber a try regarding controllers spec-ing
> hth,
> joaquin

Hi,

I already use Cucumber+Webrat for testing that my publicly accessible
pages get rendered somehow correctly, and I am very pleased with it, so
I guess I don't have to dive into deep testing my controllers as I
expected to.

Unfortunately most info / screencasts / docs available teach people how
to test controllers, routing, views, etc, but they fail to teach people
how to write better code in order to avoid having to test controllers
and such.