[rspec-users] redirects while using subdomains not working in 4.1

Zach Dennis zach.dennis at gmail.com
Fri Feb 6 10:20:31 EST 2009

On Fri, Feb 6, 2009 at 9:12 AM, Tom Hoen <lists at ruby-forum.com> wrote:
> Zach Dennis wrote:
>

>> Were you using one of my branches, and was it working for you?
>>
>> I just pulled down the latest webrat and installed it on a project
>> that uses subdomains, and all of the features are still passing.
>
> Zach -
>
> I was using this fork:
> http://github.com/zdennis/webrat/tree/make_current_url_fully_qualified,

I am pretty certain that the change in this branch never got committed
to webrat. The ticket is still open:

   http://webrat.lighthouseapp.com/projects/10503/tickets/140-current_url-should-be-fully-qualified

dstar opened a ticket which is related, as in it requires that all
urls are fully qualified, I don't believe it has been committed either
look back at it:

  http://webrat.lighthouseapp.com/projects/10503/tickets/147-linkabsolute_href-is-broken

I haven't tried out dstar's patch, but I believe we solve the same
problem, we just do it at different points.

Perhaps Bryan or Josh could look at these. In the meantime I have
pushed an updated branch which includes all of webrat 4.1. Hopefully
in the meantime this will solve the issue for you:

   http://github.com/zdennis/webrat/tree/make_current_url_fully_qualified-4.1

> and it was working. I moved to the most recent version of webrat, hoping
> to use set_hidden_field, which did not seem to be in your fork.
>
> I would love to help figure out why it is not working for me, but I just
> don't know enough about ruby/rails/webrat/mechanize etc yet. Though I
> will try to track down what is going wrong, it is unlikely I will find
> it.
>
> First, I am going to make sure that I am current on all of the pieces. I
> develop on a Vista machine, but run tests on Ubuntu running in VMWare.
> It may be that one of the dependencies is out of date (rspec, cucumber,
> webrat, etc.).
>
> Currently, I have the following installed:
> rspec (1.1.12, 1.1.4)
> rspec-rails (1.1.12)
> webrat (0.4.0)
> hpricot (0.6.161)
> cucumber (0.1.16, 0.1.14, 0.1.12)
> Rails 2.1.2
>
> The first test that fails is a simple login. After successfully
> completing the login (filling in login and password and clicking login),
> the user is redirected to their personal page. At this point, Cucumber
> is seeing the response as "You are being redirected" instead of
> following the redirect. The message contains the correct redirect url,
> so I know the login is working.
>
> The first step of my login feature is the following:
> visit login_path(:host => "rpems.test")
>
> Any advice you can give would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Tom
>

> --

Zach Dennis
http://www.continuousthinking.com