[rspec-users] redirects while using subdomains not working in 4.1

Tom Hoen lists at ruby-forum.com
Fri Feb 6 09:12:00 EST 2009

Zach Dennis wrote:

> Were you using one of my branches, and was it working for you?
>
> I just pulled down the latest webrat and installed it on a project
> that uses subdomains, and all of the features are still passing.

Zach -

I was using this fork:
http://github.com/zdennis/webrat/tree/make_current_url_fully_qualified,
and it was working. I moved to the most recent version of webrat, hoping
to use set_hidden_field, which did not seem to be in your fork.

I would love to help figure out why it is not working for me, but I just
don't know enough about ruby/rails/webrat/mechanize etc yet. Though I
will try to track down what is going wrong, it is unlikely I will find
it.

First, I am going to make sure that I am current on all of the pieces. I
develop on a Vista machine, but run tests on Ubuntu running in VMWare.
It may be that one of the dependencies is out of date (rspec, cucumber,
webrat, etc.).

Currently, I have the following installed:
rspec (1.1.12, 1.1.4)
rspec-rails (1.1.12)
webrat (0.4.0)
hpricot (0.6.161)
cucumber (0.1.16, 0.1.14, 0.1.12)
Rails 2.1.2

The first test that fails is a simple login. After successfully
completing the login (filling in login and password and clicking login),
the user is redirected to their personal page. At this point, Cucumber
is seeing the response as "You are being redirected" instead of
following the redirect. The message contains the correct redirect url,
so I know the login is working.

The first step of my login feature is the following:
visit login_path(:host => "rpems.test")

Any advice you can give would be greatly appreciated.

Tom