[rspec-users] [Cucumber, Webrat] Error backtraces shown as HTML in console

Matt Wynne matt at mattwynne.net
Thu Feb 5 04:38:54 EST 2009

Since upgrading to Cucumber 0.1.99.19 I've noticed that the backtraces
appearing in the console output are of the form:

     Page load was not successful (Code: 500):

Followed by the dump of the rails error page. That page looks fine in
a browser, and it's helpful enough to see it when save_and_open_page
does its thing, but I'm pretty used to reading plain old stacktraces
in the console - the HTML output is very hard to read.

Is this a known issue, or a feature, or have I just got something
configured wrong?

Matt Wynne
http://blog.mattwynne.net
http://www.songkick.com