[rspec-users] have_tag with a block

MarkMT mark.thomson at ieee.org
Tue Feb 3 20:52:16 EST 2009

This is really a webrat question, but I haven't had any reaction to
this from the webrat group. Maybe someone here can offer a comment...

I've been fooling around with webrat view matchers in merb / cucumber
and I'm trying to figure out whether the block parameter in have_tag
actually does anything. I've tried passing a block with pure nonsense
in it and the interpreter just seems to accept it and ignore it as if
it doesn't exist.

Initially I had hoped there was something like 'with_tag' you could
nest inside a block, but I guess that was a rails thing. However from
my quick look at the code, although with fairly limited ruby
experience, I got the impression that 'have_tag' passes any matching
markup it finds into the block as a parameter. But none of my
experiments have been able to confirm this.

Does anyone have first hand knowledge of / successful experience with
have_tag with a block?